Ways to Give
Wondering how to get started on creating your own fundraising campaign? Here are some examples of how you can help raise money to aid us in our mission. We appreciate your efforts, and every dollar counts!
Organize a business fundraiser in your area:
- Contact the business and find out if they will give a percentage of their proceeds donated to your cause (ex: 15% of the night’s receipts go to Generations of Hope)
- Contact your friends, family, and acquaintances about your upcoming event
- Make flyers to advertise the event
- At the event, pass around a hat, helmet, jar, bucket, and/or box for additional donations
What student groups can do for the cause:
- Get some friends or group members together to go canning—the most social way of asking for monetary donations from pedestrians outside—on campus for donations
- Inform donors of Generations of Hope’s amazing Mission Statement
- Wear bright colors and decorate your donation can with Generations of Hope information and decoration
- Collect as much money as you possibly can!
- Greek System: Sorority and/or Fraternity Involvement
- Suggest Generations of Hope as your non-profit philanthropy for your sorority or fraternity
- Create an event where proceeds get donated to Generations of Hope
- Add a personal touch to your fundraising efforts. Utilize your talents and passions to create unique opportunities to give.
- Tim Runs for Hope
- Bake Sale
- Donation box/jar at your place of work
- Book drive (especially for young adults)
- School supplies drive